X302/340 HP CRATE ENGINE WITH CARB, INTAKE AND DISTRIBUTOR $5115
The most popular crate engine in the Ford Racing lineup is now easier than ever to drop in and be ready to run. The new X302D – the “D“ referring to dressed – comes with carb, intake, distributor and wires. It takes the guesswork and installation issues out of the way with a complete intake and distributor package that has been developed and tested by Ford Racing Engineers. To dress out the X302D, The Ford Racing Engineers spec’d parts from the best in the aftermarket – Holley, Edelbrock and MSD.
X302 is a smart mix of original Ford remanufactured production block and crankshaft, Ford Racing heads and internals from some of the best Aftermarket Performance parts manufacturers. The production 302 block is bored .030″ oversize and fitted with Mahle forged pistons. The crankshaft is precision ground and use Eagle forged I-Beam connecting rods. The camshaft is one of the Ford Racing classic “Alpha-Cams” – the E303 with .498″ lift working along with roller rocker arms and roller timing chain. Ford Racing aluminum X-Heads with high swirl combustion chambers top off the engine. Chrome Ford Racing valve covers set off the engine and will make any owner proud to open his hood. All buttoned up and ready to go this package pumps out 340 horsepower and works in just about any classic or vintage Ford car or truck.
No other small block Ford can say that it has been developed from the ground up and tested by the people that know how to make a Ford run best – Ford Racing Engineers. These are the same Engineers that design 500+HP Ford Racing Crate Engines, 1,000+ HP Pro Stock engines and 200+ MPH NASCAR engines. X302D features a mix of the best OEM, Ford Racing and aftermarket parts to deliver strong street performance at an outstanding value.
X302D is the perfect carbureted replacement engine for a vintage muscle car, late model project, truck or street rod. And unlike the imitators, no other crate engine has the Blue Oval heritage and Ford Racing Engineering and Technical support.
340 horsepower @ 5500 RPM
350 lb.ft. torque @ 4200 RPM
- Engine Type: 302 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 306
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.030 x 3.00″
- Block: OEM Precision Remanufactured 5.0L
- Crankshaft: Cast iron remanufactured
- Connecting rods: Eagle I-Beam
- Pistons: Mahle forged
- Camshaft Ford Racing Hydraulic Roller P/N M-6250-E303
- Camshaft lift (in): .498″
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 220 degrees
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Racing aluminum, 64 cc chamber P/N M-6049-X306
- Valve size (in): 1.94 intake 1.54 exhaust
- Compression ratio: 9.0:1
- Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap Manifold (PN 7521)
- Holley Street Avenger 570 CFM Carburetor with vacuum secondaries, 4-corner idle and Electric Choke (PN 83570)
- Rocker arms: Roller Rockers 1.6:1 ratio
- Valve covers (p/n: M-6000-302-070): Ford Racing Chrome
- Oil pan: M-6675-A50 stamped steel dual sump, fits most Fox body cars
- MSD billet distributor
- Recommended fuel: Unleaded premium
- Maximum recommended rpm: 5,800 RPM
- Balanced: 50 in. /oz. imbalance rotating assembly (common to 1981 and newer 302’s)
- Engine power rating based on long tube headers, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap 7521 intake manifold w/ 570 Holley carb and Premium Unleaded pump gas