Mustang Hood Struts (2005-11)
2010-11 Hood Struts Temporarily Available in Black Only
Whether you plan on working on your Mustang’s engine or simply want to show if off, these Hood Struts are the simplest, cleanest, and most convenient way to keep your hood open. This component eliminates the need for the factory hood prop system which cleans up the look of your Mustang significantly.
– The gas-charged struts are OE quality, and the laser cut steel brackets are powder coated and offered in your choice of black or silver.
– The CDC Hood Struts mount at factory bolt locations requiring no drilling. Fits GT or V6!
– Simple, functional, clean fit with a custom look.
NOTE: Please take the following into consideration when installing CDC’s Hood Strut Kit with an aftermarket hood (i.e.- fiberglass or carbon fiber hoods):
– Some light-weight aftermarket hoods may not be as rigid as the factory hood and may bow slightly due to the pressure of the strut.
– Other aftermarket hoods may weigh too much for the struts which may not provide enough support in the open position.